A woman’s quinceanera is one of the most important days of her life, not only for herself but also for her family. Why is this day is such a landmark? Because it represents a girl coming of age and becoming a woman.
And on such a momentous occasion, the last thing you want is to be scrambling in order to finish last-minute details or to realize that you’ve forgotten something. So, how can you prevent these possibilities from becoming a reality?
It’s easy! Just use this planning checklist of quinceanera supplies and you’ll be super prepared to make your upcoming fiesta unforgettable. Let’s get started!
Quinceanera Supplies to Get One Year in Advance
In order to give yourself plenty of time to plan the perfect quinceanera for the special young lady in your life, start planning at least one year in advance. Here are the supplies you’ll need to purchase, book, or create at this time.
- A preliminary guest list.
- A church or venue.
- An itemized budget.
- A DJ or band for the big day.
- A caterer.
Eight Months Until the Quinceanera
Eight months before the quinceanera may still seem like plenty of time. But, trust us, it will fly by! Here are the supplies you need to gather for this stage of planning.
- The special girl’s dress and jewelry. (Keep in mind that a custom gown can take four to six months to arrive and that alterations may be needed.)
- Gowns and formalwear for the Damas and chambelanes.
- Rentals like glassware, tents, chairs, tables, etc.
Six Months Until the Quinceanera
You’re halfway there! Here are the quinceanera supplies you will need to check off your list six months before the big day.
- The invitations.
- An outline of how the ceremony will take place.
- Quinceanera accessories like guest books, photo albums, cake toppers, etc.
- A finalized guest list.
Two Months Until the Quinceanera
Wondering what supplies you will need to get a couple of months before the celebration? Check this list out.
- Personalized and address invitations, ready to be mailed.
- Hair and makeup appointments.
- Confirmations from all vendors.
- A perfectly tailored dress, if any alterations were needed upon arrival!
- Music selections for the dances.
- Gifts for honored guests.
- Candles, rosary, and other items to bring to the church.
Two Weeks Until the Quinceanera
Congratulations, the special day has almost arrived. Here are the quinceanera supplies to cross off your final list, two weeks before the party.
- Confirmations from all guests.
- A seating chart and place cards for your guests.
- A checklist of desired shots for your photographer.
Enjoy the Special Day
A quinceanera is a time to enjoy your family and to celebrate the precious young woman in your life. As long as you follow the checklist of quinceanera supplies above, you will have a smooth planning period and a fun party with loved ones.
Just remember to begin your planning at least a year in advance! Many vendors and supplies take time to book or purchase. Don’t procrastinate to ensure that the quinceanera girl has the perfect day.
Have any questions or comments? Contact us here. We’re here to help!